Monday, September 17, 2012

Just a regular day!

From the early mornings "Mommy" until he says his prayers and closes his eyes for the day, Gabe is always on the go.  Always.

To maintain some sort of order and keep the chaos to a minimum on weekdays we have a little bit of a schedule.  Depending on what time therapy starts depends on how many structured activities we have in the morning.  If therapy is at 11:00 we have one.  If it's at 1:00 we have two.  The afternoons are similar in we have two structured activities if therapy is at 11:00 and one if therapy is at 1:00.  Structured activities include exploring dried beans, coloring, painting, blocks or puzzles. 

Structured activities mixed in with free play has been my sanity saver.  Because Gabe gets all of my attention during structured activities and most of my attention during unstructured play time that I have a chance to do laundry, cook or clean!

The rest of our day is filled with therapy activities and good old  unstructured play!  Throw in a visit to the splash pad and activities go right out the door!  But whatever we're doing, Gabe does it full force.  He never slows down.  Never.  And I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Staying at home with Gabe is better than I could have ever imagined.  I am so thankful for a husband that works so hard to make it possible and a God who gave me the job of my dreams.  It's better than I could have ever imagined and a little bit more tiring too [smile].

No comments: