Thursday, March 31, 2011

Random Thoughts

Tomorrow is the first day of April and yesterday we had 3 inches of fresh snow fall. While I realize I live in Ohio, this year I am so ready for spring. And so is Gabriel!

Gabe was accepted into an intensive therapy program. Constraint Induced Movement Therapy starts Monday! It's 3 hours a day, 5 days a week for 3 weeks. We're excited, nervous and hopeful all at once. Gabe has no idea what's coming.

As Matt and I were discussing our 10 year high school reunions tonight, he felt compelled to mention that we're getting awfully close to 30. And while I am finally getting over my aversion to getting older, I'm not quite there yet. I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm not quite who I want to be yet and that there are a few things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 more than the actual being 30.

Matt and I are both on the same page of not having any desire to go to our high school reunions... and I think that's just peachy!


The Bead for Life party was a complete success! I have one more person coming to check them out and then I'll be shipping them back. Shipping them back with a check for over $1200! Many thanks to all my friends and family that purchased jewelry (or soap!) to help women in Uganda escape poverty.

Parenting is the hardest job I've ever had. I haven't had many jobs, but I'm fairly certain it's ranks right up there with president of the United States. Having to make decisions, hopefully the right decisions, for someone else is a huge responsibility. Sometimes educating yourself and prayer doesn't seem like enough.

We hit our March Madness goal! Once the freebies make their way to my house we'll draw for winners. Will we go old fashioned and write every one's name on a slip of paper and draw winners or will we do the modern thing and try out random.org. We shall see!

And if you're on twitter, Patricia Heaton has pledged to donate $10,000 to Reece's Rainbow then their (RR) twitter page reaches 10,000 followers! They have 5,410 followers right now, so if you're on twitter please consider following! In case you didn't know; Patricia Heaton plays Deborah on Everyone Loves Raymond (one of Matt's favorite shows).


Gabe knows where his nose is, and he also knows how to pick his nose. It must be a boy thing! And as you can see, Gabe's working on his balance and standing now!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I will pray for Gabe and his next phase of treatment. My Moses has that same Thomas the train flashlight thingy and he loves it!
So excited you met your goal too!
Really, 30 is no biggie...I am hoping to make bigger waves before 40! :)
Blessings and love to you guys!