Monday, December 5, 2011

12 Days of Giving: Day 5

On the fifth day of giving, my blog brings to you.... Bead for Life!


Every March I host a Bead for Life party and this coming year will be no different. Because Gabe and I will need to return to Ohio in March for his eye appointment, I figured it would be the perfect opportunity to keep with tradition and host a Bead for Life party.

From their website:

Mission Statement:
BeadforLife creates sustainable opportunities for women to life their families out of extreme poverty by connecting people worldwide in a circle of exchange that enriches everyone.

Bead for Life is a 501(c)(3) charity that works with Ugandan women; teaching them the trade of bead making and empowering them with a way to lift themselves and their families out of poverty and providing them with opportunities they wouldn't have otherwise.

Stop by their website and read all about Bead for Life's mission, see how you can help and learn about the beaders your purchase supports.

After checking them out, don't forget to stop by their store! The Musana bracelets and necklaces make the perfect gift for your children's teachers and co-workers while the Madaala or 5-strand necklace would make the perfect accessory for your holiday attire. The shea butter soap and lip gloss is the perfect compliment to the cold winter days ahead. Truly, there is something for everyone... I myself favor their single color bangle bracelets and pair them up with just about everything I wear!

a pile of my favorite bangle beads!

Mandaala necklace - my mom has one and not only does she get
compliments on it where ever she goes, it is truly a beautiful piece of jewelry
accenting whatever she has on

- pictures from Bead for Life's website.

No comments: